Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WITCH HAT & HALLOWEEN SUNFLOWER CARD

Good morning!  Do you need table decorations for your Halloween Party? Today I have a project that I'm really excited about.
As I was looking at the Petal Cone Die...it came to me...why not make a witches hat? So that's what I did. I used the Sunflower Background stamp to make a Halloween sunflower card. More on the card below.
You can see the size of the hat in comparison to the card.
I cut out 4 petal shapes and attached them with Sticky Strip.
I used the Circle Scissor Plus to cut a 6" circle. I folded the top of the Petal Cone so I could attach the circle using Sticky Tape. I placed the Sticky Tape right next to the square  on each side of the semi circle (see (1) on each side of the hat then placed  the 6" circle with the center cut out over the hat. The ribbon hides any glue.
This is a bottom view...you can see the center of the hat is darker than the semi circles and the 6" circle. I added 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon folding it in half and securing it to itself using Sticky Strip. With a hot glue gun, I ran a bead of glue at the bottom of the hat one side at a time and placed the ribbon on the hat. I  made a bow and attached it with the glue gun. I frayed the ends of the ribbon to add texture. The flower is made from Pumpkin Pie card stock and the 1 3/4" Scallop Circle punch. I punched (4) circles..spritz with water and crunched them into a ball. I opened the circles up and layered them, punched a hole  in the center using the Crop-a-dial and added an Antique Brad to hold the flower together.
I started in the center and pushed the layers upward. I worked with the layers until I had the flowr like I wanted it to look. I attached the flower to the bow with the hot glue gun.
The Halloween card was made using Very Vanilla card stock,  Sunflower Background Stamp, Tangerine Tango Stampin' Classic Ink, Basic Black card Stock, Boho Punch and Multipurpose glue.
Just another great way to use the Petal Cone Die.
Happy Stamping!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment