Saturday, March 31, 2012

Fabric Flower Hair Clips


Fabric Flower Hair Clips are so much fun to make and give you a lot of bang for your buck. When buying hair clips you can spend $8 for just one clip. Here I have created a variety of fabric hair clips for a fraction of the cost.

To make all my flower hair clips I used my Big Shot die cutting machine and Flower Fold Die.


For this clip, I used Stampin' Up! designer fabric Twitterpated from the Occasions Mini along with pink and white felt.


After sewing all the layers together, I attached a hair clip using my glue gun.


Examples of more hair clips using a variety of fabrics.


Tasteful Trim Fabric Flowers
Jackie Topa shared her idea of making fabric flowers using the Big Shot and Tasteful Trim Die. Here's what I did with my Tasteful Trim Die and Stampin' Up! Fabric.

I started out by making the fabric flower as shown here.
After cutting out the trim using the Big Shot and Tasteful Trim Die, I hand sewed using the up and down stitch with a double strand of white thread to the fabric.

Pull the thread until you have your fabric gathered, like this, and sew the ends together. Don't cut the thread.



Your flower will look like this.

 

I sewed a button for the center of the flower.


I hand sewed the flower to a hair clip making sure it was secure. This size is just right for little girls.

Paper Clip Fabric Flowers
Another way to use the smaller fabric flowers is attaching to a paper clip, making a cute bookmark.
If you make a paper clip out of your flower, use the same directions and punch out two paper circle from card stock and sew one to the back of the flower. Using your choice of adhesive glue ( I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue) glue the flower with the punch out to a paper clip; hold and attach second punched out circle to the paper clip and let dry. You could use a glue gun in place of the liquid glue.
Isn't this darling? These flower are so much fun to make I didn't want to stop making them. If you like them, I hope you will give them a try.
To purchase any of Stampin' Up! products click here
Remember today is the last day for Sale-a-Bration.
Have a great week-end!
HAPPY STAMPIN'
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment