Wednesday, December 21, 2011

More Bag It and Tag It ideas

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to my stamping friends!

I've been busy making last minute bags and tags for our grand children's Christmas Ornaments.
My husband and I started this tradition 18 years ago when our first grandchild, Paige Sward, was born, We give each of our 7 grandchildren a Christmas ornament each year until they turn eighteen. When they are ready to set up their own household they will have enough ornaments to decorate their tree and have a story to go along with each ornament.


This was so much fun to make. I used the Northern Frost Decorative Strip Die, and Snowflake #2 Die along with Silver Glimmer Paper, Pretty in Pink  and Rich Razzleberry
card stock.

My upline, Connie Babbert posted her idea of using triangles of different colors and patterns to make a cute Christmas tree. I thought it would make a darling bag and tag. Adding the gifts at the  bottom
I know Rudolph was a boy but I wanted to make a "girl" and I named her Ruby. I used the Framed, Oval, Snowflake and Stocking Accents Dies, Large Oval, 1" circle and the Owl  Builder Punches.  For Ruby's bow I used Whisper White 5/8"brad and Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon. On the tag I used the Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon and the 5/16" brad in Whisper White.
Using the same technique as the larger sack, I made this simple white lunch sack into a beautiful gift bag. I used  Whisper White card stock, Holly Berry Designer Series Paper, Red Glimmer Paper, 1/8" Real Red Taffeta Ribbon, Doily Triple Layer and Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack Punch.
This Christmas stocking bag was fun to create. I used the Holiday Stocking die, Stitched Stockings punch,  Whisper White, Cherry Clobber card stock, Frostwood Lodge designer series paper, and Christmas Lane Simply Scrappin' Kit.

How cute is this? Using the Top Note Die I made these cut little elf shoes for the bag. One of my fellow demonstrator came up with this idea. For the life of me I can't remember which one. If you see this idea and it's yours, please let me know so I can give you credit.
I used Red Glimmer Paper, Garden Green, Whisper White card stock, Holly Berry designer series paper,  1/8" Real Red Taffeta Ribbon, Curly Label, 1" and 1 3/8" circle punches, Top Note, and retired Go Go Boots Alphabet Dies.
Another white lunch sack transformed into a designer bag and tag. I used retired Bird with leaves and flower, Snowflake #2 Dies, Owl Builder Punch, Real Red, Wild Wasabi card stock. For the tag I used Whisper White card stock, Winter Post stamp set, Hollyberry designer series paper,  Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Sticky Strip, glue and glue gun, Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon and a button from my stash.

Our granddaughter Sarah is here and we have mixed up 2 batches of White Sugar cookies and 2 batches of Gingerbread cookies...we are ready to cut them out and bake them. We hand paint the sugar cookies. When we have the cookies finished I will post all about them. The sugar cookies recipe came from my dear sweet mother, Mary Rogers who died in 2008. She worked on the recipe, so the design of the cookie cutter would show after the cookies are baked, as a new bride when she was 26 years old. Over the years it has become a family tradition to make these cookies for Christmas giving and let the children and grand children in the family help decorate them.

I hope you and your family are having fun creating and baking and sharing the wonders of this holiday season.
Happy Stampin'
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment