Sunday, October 23, 2011

Spice Cake and Autumn Splendor



Spice Cake and Autumn Splendor Picture Frame


I found some unused picture frames in my crafting closet and when I saw this one I knew what I wanted t do with it. The color of the frame is perfect to use Spice Cake Designer Series Paper as a background. I removed the glass, added form core as the base. The frame opening is 4 3/4" x 8 1/2". The frame itself is 8 1/2" x 10 1/2".

1. Applied DSP to form core, added  3/4" x 8 1/2" strips of DSP; Crochet Trim
2. Cut out Scallop Circle and embossed using the Big Shot; attaching it to the DSP
3. Stamped leaves, cut them out and curled them up using a Bone Folder
4. Made Lollie & attached Lollie to DSP
6. Attached leaves and bow
7. Attached 3 Basic Pearls on lower right side of paper


I used Autumn Splendor stamp set to compliment the Spice Cake designer series paper. I attached 4 strips of different patterns of Spice Cake designer series paper, added 5/8" Victoria Crochet Trim across the entire paper and made a bow. Using Wild Wasabi card stock I cut and embossed a Scallop Circle Die using the Big Shot and Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. After attaching the Scallop Circle to the paper and Crochet Trim I added the Lollie and leaves. To tie in the look of the Basic Pearl on the Lollie, I added 3 Basic pearls at the bottom on the right.


I stamped the leaves on Very Vanilla card stock using Soft Suede, Pool Party, Pear Pizzaz, and More Mustard Stampin' Pads. I cut them out using Paper Snips, curled them up using the Bone Folder and used Stampin' Dimensionals to attach them to the designer series paper. Using another sheet from Spice Cake designer series paper I made a Lollie, added two punch outs, one Basic Pearl using Pool Party card stock and the Boho Punch. I used Sticky Strip to attach DSP, Scallop Circle, and Crocheted Trim.

This is a nice picture to have out all Fall and especially at Thanksgiving time.

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stampin'
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment