Thursday, September 29, 2011

WEEK ONE OF 12 WEEKS OF CHRISTMAS CARDS, PROJECTS AND TAGS!

WELCOME TO WEEK 1 OF THE 12 WEEKS OF CHRISTMAS!

 The project this week is a Christmas card using Christmas Lodge Stamp set from the Holiday Mini and Mocha Morning Specialty designer series paper from the Big Catalog.
This is my one of my favorite set from the Holiday Mini!
I'm using the Clear Mount style. I've learned to really like the clear mount sets. Besides being easy to use they save a lot of space when storing. The set has 6 stamps and I love the rustic look.

I started out cutting the Scallop Oval using the Big Shot. There are two pieces. Today I used just the inside oval and saved the other one for another project.
I used Whisper White Card Stock for the oval and for the base of my card. The card base measures 5 1/2" x 11". After folding in half I chose the designer series paper and cut it 4 " x 5 1/4" for a little border all around the card.
I especially like the Crumb Cake and Whisper White  in this sheet because it goes well with the Whisper White base and oval and makes the card "pop".

Before attaching the designer series paper to the card, I wrapped 18" of Cherry Clobber seam binding around the paper and tied a knot on the right hand side. I frayed the ends of the seam binding by pulling on the ends. This adds a lot of interest to the over all look of the card.
I added another piece of seam binding to the first knot and frayed the ends.
Next is stamping the lodge image on the oval. I used Cherry Clobber Classic Ink and left the image just as it was. Some times less is more.
I sponged the edge using Cherry Clobber ink and  a Sponge Dauber. This makes the oval stand out from the background.
To give the oval a 3-D effect, I used Stampin' Dimensionals.
I added the Happy Holidays sentiment on the inside.
 One more look at the finished card. If you have many Christmas cards to send out, this card would be great. I have so many sets I "love" that I usually make more than one theme of Christmas cards.
Products Used
Stamp Set: Christmas Lodge (123769) clear mount
(123767) wood mount
Ink: Cherry Clobber
Card Stock: Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Mocha Morning Specialty
Ribbon: Cherry Clobber seam binding
Other Stampin' Up! products
Stampin' Up! Dimensionals, Multipurpose glue, Sponge Dauber
To purchase any of these products, just go to my Stampin' Up! online store and click on "shop".
www.janegiggy.stampinup.net 

It's not too early to get started on your Christmas cards. Remember how fast time passes once the holiday season is in full swing.
If you have any questions please contact me and I will be glad to help you. I meet with one, two or more people at my home. If you are interested in a personal consultation with me call me at: 269-375-0174
Be sure to visit again next week for Week 2 of the 12 Weeks of Christmas!

Happy Stamping!
Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment