Thursday, September 15, 2011

FANCY FAVOR JACK-O-LANTERN TREAT HOLDER

I'm really getting into the Halloween Season and it's more than a month away, but it's such a fun holiday for our family.

It's all started way back when I was 5 years old and my cousin gave me her costume she wore the previous Halloween. It was a Statute of Liberty costume. Her mom, my Aunt Barbara, made the gown and my mom and dad made the crown and the torch. In my home town, Sturgis, Michigan, each Halloween the city would have a Halloween Parade with the high school band leading the way  followed by the fire truck with sirens wailing and the fire men throwing candy to the children along the way. At the end of the parade route, at the fire station, cider and donuts were given away and then came the ribbons and the top costume received a 2 foot trophy! Boy oh Boy...it was so thrilling to walk in the parade with the music playing and people on the sidelines cheering. 
That was 59 years ago but I can remember it like it was yesterday.
I won a ribbon and I was the smallest child in the finials. I remember standing up on the bleachers trying not to fall off. It was cold and I had my winter coat on underneath the costume but I didn't care if I was cold or a little scared... it was so exciting!
After the festivities, mom took my baby brother home where it was warm and my dad took me trick or treating. My favorite treat was from an older lady. She had some homemade candy wrapped in little white paper bags. That year began a long tradition of many costumes and many, many ribbons and some times a trophy for my two brothers and me. More Halloween stories to follow.... 

For the Jack-o-Lantern I- used vellum over the mouth and added a battery tea light inside my Fancy Favor Jack-o-Lantern treat holder.I  couldn't get a good photo with the lights turned down so the tea light doesn't show up. It really looks spooky in the dark!  See what you think.


Products Used:
Die: Fancy Favor Bigz XL... #115965
Designer Series Paper: Pumpkin Pie from Paper Stacks...Brights Collection.. # 117155Basic  Black for the Paper Stacks...Neutrals Collect... #117157
Punches: Boho Blossoms...#119858,  Small Oval...Retired, Petite Pennants Builder...    #12236, and 1/2" Circle.. #119869
Buttons: Pumpkin Corduroy...retired
Adhesive: Multipurpose Liquid...# 110755 and Sticky Strip...
 # 104294
Pen: uni-ball SignoGel Pen...#105021
Big Shot Die-Cutting System...#113439
If you want to purchase any of these items...go to my Stampin' Store at: www.janegiggy.stampinup.net
 Be watching for more Halloween projects in the days ahead.
Thanks for looking!
Happy Stamping!
Jane

1 comment: