Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happy June 8th! It's a sunny 95 degrees here in Kalamazoo, Michigan


Good Morning!
I've been working on my stamping studio, office and trying to get organized for the new stamps and accessories that will be here before we know it. I'm keeping cool by staying inside today. Ninety five degrees is just a little too hot for me.

For a long time, I've wanted to organize my sponges and  sponge daubers but never took the time to find the containers, decide how to organize, mark them so I could just grab a certain color when I was stamping. In the past I would use a piece of sponge and think, I'll remember what color that was, or I was too involved in stamping to take the time to label the sponge or dauber. Now I have solved the problem. I've seen other SU Demonstrators buy  special containers but I wanted to save as much money as I could to spend on new stamps!
I went to one of the local craft stores and bought 3 plastic containers for $1.99 each.  The conainer has 20 separate sections and the sponges and daubers fit in real nice.   I have placed the different color collections into the containers. When I had spaces left over I continued on with the next color collection. 
 I used the Designer Label Large Punch; punched out the labels on Whisper White card stock, wrote the color name and then stapled the label on the sponge. I like how they turned out.  Using the label as a handle helps keep my fingers clean. What do you think?
Now all I do is grab the container I need when stamping and I'm all organized and ready to go.  What a great feeling to accomplish something that's been on my mind for months!

Now I think I earned some stamping fun time...I'm off to make some cards..be sure to come back and visit soon.
Happy Stamping!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment