Sunday, March 6, 2011

Calendar Book Marks and a Cool Suger Cookie You eat for a meal!

Good Afternoon! 
Today I have a calendar bookmark and a cool sugar cookie recipe that you can eat the entire batch for a meal!

Monika Davis had flower bookmarks on her blog. I loved her bookmarks so that I put my own twist on her idea. I chose a bookmark calendar and added a flower at the top. How cool is this?

.
I thought I needed a touch of Spring and these flowers sure do help. I'm so tired of snow, cold and winter.  Once I started making the bookmarks, I didn't want to stop. After 2 dozen I came to my senses.
What was I going to do with all these bookmarks? I'm sending them  to all the nursing home and shut-in ladies I send cards to each month.

Products I used:
Vanilla card stock for the calendar
Springtime Vintage, Elegant Soiree, Greenhouse Gala, and Love Letter designer series papers
Rose Red, Baja Breeze, and Marina Mist card stock
Vanilla Rosettes, Glimmer Brads, and Big Designer Buttons
Fun Flowers Bigz L Die, and Island Floral Die
Sticky Strip

Now...the cookies!
This recipe is from the original Weight Watchers Program way back in 1969. It was in a Weight Watchers magazine. I love them so, I've made them over the years and never get tired of them. Our grandchildren love them so much  that they take them to school for lunch.
 The recipe is low fat and low cholesterol, especially if you use 3-egg whites instead of 2 eggs.


Weight Watchers Sugar Cookies

1 slice bread, broken into pieces  
2 eggs (or 3 egg whites)  
2/3 cup powder skin milk
dash of salt  
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
1 teaspoon of butter flavoring
5 packages of artificial sweetener 
Cooking spray
(2 packages of sweetener and 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon, hold for top of mixture in baking pan)

In medium bowl mix all ingredients except the last 2 packets of sweetener and 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon.

With electric mixer, mix until all ingredients are combined into a smooth batter.  Pour mixture into small baking dish that you sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 2 packets of sweetener and 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon that you mixed together. Bake for 10 minutes in 325 degrees oven. Turn off oven and leave cookies in oven for 15 minutes. Cut and store them in refrigerator or freezer, or eat them for lunch.

Instead of using Vanilla and butter Flavoring , try:
Vanilla and Almond extract or

Vanilla and Orange or lemon extract (for these I use orange food coloring)

In addition try: Cooked blueberries for a topping on the Vanilla and Butter flavoring cookies. 
I cook up a bag of blueberries, added Vanilla and Sweetener and a 1/2 teaspoon of real lemon juice. 1/3 cup of cooked blueberries equals 1 fruit.

 Very yummy with a cup of hot tea or coffee. Add a side salad or raw veggies and you have a delicious meal.

Hint: I make several batches up at once and freeze. When I'm on the go or need a quick meal, I'm ready and don't reach for something I shouldn't.

1-batch equals: 2 protein, 1 bread, 2 milks.
If you use the blueberries that equals 1 fruit.
Above is 1/2 batch of Vanilla/Almond and 1/2 batch of Vanilla/Orange lunch cookies.

This recipe doesn't take much time and your kitchen smells wonderful!

Until next time..
Happy Stamping!








No comments:

Post a Comment