Saturday, February 19, 2011

Decorating My Second Journal... Yogurt Tips

Decorating My New Journal

I completed my first journal that I started on January 1st. I got weighed on Monday and I lost another 2 pounds.  Actually they are the 2 pounds I was up. So I've lost 18 pounds!
 I completed my first journal and bought another one and decorated it with Designer Series Paper Springtime Vintage page 15 in the Occasions Mini Catalog.


I added a strip of Victoria 5/8" Crochet Trim to give the journal interest.  The colors in this paper are just beautiful! Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake, River Rock, Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke.
  This is the method I use to record my food Plan. I write what I eat and the Calories, Fat, and Protein and keep a running tally as I go through the day.
I make a list of Daily Goals each day and check them off as I accomplish the task. I don't always complete all the goals but this list gives me somewhere to start. If I don't complete the task, I include it in the next days list. I've learned over the years not to put too much pressure on myself to complete all the goals. Sometimes it's just not possible to achieve and that's okay. I don't list my goals in any certain order but you might want to do so.

I have fallen in love with a new type of yogurt; Greek Yogurt!
You may have seen it in the grocery store or you may have tried it. I decided to give it a try when I saw how may grams of protein Greek Yogurt has;  14 grams! the texture and creamy consistency makes this yogurt almost like a dessert. I add two packets of artificial sweetener to mine. Yummy! It contains 160 calories for strawberry or blueberry but the vanilla has only 110 calories. There are several brands, I have only tired Dannon and Yoplait.They each have 
2 X  the protein as the leading brand of yogurt. It's a great way of getting protein without many calories.
  I have 2 pieces of toast with butter spray and a Greek yogurt for breakfast 2 or 3 times a week. 
Total Calories: 240  Fat: .5 grams Protein: 20 grams. This is a delicious, fast and easy breakfast!

Need a quick snack this week-end? Give this one a try.

Chili-Spiced Popcorn

6-cups plain air popped popcorn
1 Tablespoon Chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

Place the popcorn in a large bowl and spray with non-stick spray; toss to coat. Sprinkle the remaining ingredients over the popcorn and toss to coat evenly.

Per Serving: (1 cup): 36 cal. 0 g Fat, Fiber, 2g, Protein 1g.
O Points if you are on Weight Watchers.

Until next time....
Happy Stamping!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment