Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I'm Celebrating!

Ladies...I'm so excited...after working on my computer and trying everything I could think of..my great friends at Late Night Stampers Demo Only group solved the problem for me this evening! I'm celebrating!
I couldn't upload an image and what's a blog with out photos right?
I have so many projects and cards from way back on December 31st when I first had the problem. Very frustrating to say the least. but now I'm on a roll.

                  Okay here we go with some Valentine cards.

I used Greeting Card Kids stamp set featuring the little girl holding a heart, Rich Razzleberry 1 1/4" ribbon and card stock, Very Vanilla card stock, Small Heart Punch and Stampin' Up! markers: Rich Razzleberry, Blush Blossom,, Basic Black and Pretty In Pink. Isn't she cute?


This card was made with the Sweetheart set. Designer Series paper is Presto Patterns Specialty. Baja Breeze,Whisper White card stock and Baja Breeze Stampin' Pad. Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Stampin' Sponge, Full Heart Extra Large punch, Ticket punch and Basic Pearls.
The Presto Patterns designer Series specialty paper is fun to work with.  You can color the paper to match the color of your project or leave it as is. To color the hearts, I first punched them out, then with a piece of Stampin' Sponge and Baja Breeze ink used a circle motion until I had the color I wanted. It's easy to do and so fun to see the paper change color. For the top heart, I ran Whisper White card stock through the Big Shot using the Vintage Wallpaper folder, then punched out the heart and used the sponge again like the other hearts. The two bottom hearts are punch out of the Presto Pattern paper. I used the Ticket Punch on the four corners of the Whisper White card stock  and added one of the small pearls from Basic Pearls Packet on each heart. 

Pink and White


This past week-end I was looking for retired Valentine sets for our grandchildren to use and I found the heart above. It says, "Love".
I used Whisper White and Pink Pirouette card stock, Presto Pattern Specialty paper, 5/8" Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Sticky Tape, Two Step Bird Extra Large punch, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, 2-Way Glue Pen and pearls from the Basic Pearls package.

To make the ribbon, use a strip of Sticky Tape and adhere along which edge of the card you want you want to embellish. Choose your ribbon but leave it on the spool . I start on the left side because I'm right handed and move to the right until I reach the end of the edge. To make the ribbon fold: start with a clean cut end of the ribbon, press down then fold, press down, fold and so on until the card edge is covered. Now you can cut the ribbon. I turn my card over and then make the cut. The cut is cleaner and it's easier to cut this way.

Last card for tonight



Again, I used retired a retired stamp and retired Designer Series Paper, Love Specialty, which is on the Clearance Rack at my Stampin' Up! store.  http://janegiggy.stampinup.net
Once you get to my store, click on "shop now" when you see the page that shows a list on the left side of the page, click on Clearance Rack and it will take you to the "Love Specialty" paper and all the other clearance items.
I used Very Vanilla and Pretty In Pink card stock. After stamping the heart, I cut it free hand and used the 2-Way gun to go over the word, "love" and sprinkled on Dazzling Diamonds. I used Very Vanilla 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon and used the same method to embellish the edge of the card as the previous card. The three paper flowers, are Ivory Mulberry paper Cherry Blossoms stem flowers I found on a blog called, www.wildorchidcrafts.com

 To help fill in the space where I wanted to adhere the flowers  between the heart and the ribbon on the edge of the card, I made a basic bow using Very Vanilla 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon.   This helped balance the embellishment on the card.I used Sticky Tape to adhere the flowers to the card. 

I will be posting more each day and will post some of my Christmas projects too. I'm so happy to be able to bring these ideas to you, I really missed not Blogging.
Happy Stamping!
Jane


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment