Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cards and Tags...Christmas Count Down!

Rejoicing in Christmas


This card is from  Rejoicing in Christmas set in the Holiday Mini. I love the simple lines and yet it is elegant at the same time.  This is the card I made for the shut-ins at my church Zion Lutheran in Kalamazoo, Michigan. I started a card ministry about nine years ago. I send cards almost every month to church members who are in nursing homes, assisted living or are home bound. I receive cards back and some times a phone call thanking me for thinking of them. A couple of little ladies always send me a card when I send them one. They are so cute! I have met several members and we chat some times about anything they have on their mind. This ministry has been a blessing for me!

Snow Flakes and Snow Globe
This card is so fun to make and it is finished in no time! I used Sweet Snowglobe stamp a'la CARTE and Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder from the Holiday Mini.. I chose Real Red and Whisper White card stock, Real Red, Bashful Blue and Garden Green markers. For the Sweet Snowglobe I used markers instead of Stampin' Pads because of the detail. After I ran the Northern Flurry folder through the Big Shot I used the Ticket Punch on the corners and then stamped the Sweet Snow Globe and "Merry Christmas!" from Merry Crittermas set also from the Holiday Mini.

Yes, it's Crittermas not Christmas!
Here are are five tags I made using the "critters" from the Merry Crittermas set.
Aren't they darling?  I used Two Tags Bigz Die and ran the card stock through the Big Shot Machine. Then, I stamped the critters on Whisper White card stock, colored them in with Stampin' Up! markers and cut them out. I love to cut out images and do it when I'm watching t.v. I used the new Northern Frost Decorative Strip from the Holiday Mini and added one snow flake  to the Wild Wasabi  card stock tag. The tag in the front with the squirrel holding a candy cane is the other tag in the Two Tags Die.  I used Candy Cane Christmas DSP. Another fun project!

Happy Stamping!
Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment