Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mother's Day Cards


MOTHER'S DAY CARDS

I used Bordering Blue, Whisper White, Certainly Celery card stock, Bella Birdes (retired) Designer Series Paper, the Lattice Die, Square Lattice Embossing Folder from the Summer Mini (#119976) , Whisper White Satin 5/8 inch Ribbon and Frost White Shimmer Paint from the Holiday Mini (#1168540) which is still available; I used 30%  Shimmer Paint and 70% Rubbing Alcohol. I used a spray bottle from the Dollar Store. Be sure to shake before using and protect your work surface.
The Summer Mini available May 1st has a Color Catcher to protect your work area from overspray. It's made of corrugated arboard, easy to assemble, compact and portable.  Dimensions once open, 10" x 10" x 10". # 121093

The Summer Mini also has four "Smooch Spritz" pearlized accent sprays to add a splash of color to your projects.
Colors include:

Gold Glow # 118770
Silver Foil #118771
Vanilla Shimmer #118772
Log Cabin #119921

 I used Cindee Wilkinson's recipe for my flowers. Directions below.

TO MAKE FLOWER

6 scallop circles (Scallop Circle Punch) , 2 each of the 2 smaller circles on the Circles #2 Die (10 circles total)
2 of one pattern  Designer Series Paper
2 of another pattern Designer Series Paper
1 Bordering Blue card stock
1 Barely Banana card stock
2 one pattern small circle
2 one pattern larger circle

Lay circles on a covered surface and spritz with water. I spritz both sides of the card stock.

Crumble up each one until its in a ball. Flatten out a bit and stack them.

With piercing tool make a hole in the middle for the brad. Put them all together with a brad and crumple each one starting with the top circle until all the circles are tight together; fluff your flower until you get the look you are happy with.

I spritz each flower with my Frost White Rubbing Alcohol mixture and let dry overnight. When the flowers are dry they are kind of stiff and will hold their shape.

Adhere flowers to the card using 2 Stampin' Dimensionals.

I hand cut the leaves from Certainly Celery card stock and spritz them with the Frost White Shimmer mixture, let dry before applying them to the card.

                                                       MORE MOTHER'S DAY CARDS

I made a couple of cards using the flowers from the Pretties Kit. One card I used Bride Whisper White Speciality Paper.  I spritz the card and the flowers with Frost White Shimmer Paint mixture. On the pink card I used Pretty In Pink card stock, 3/8 inch Taffeta Ribbon, and Pretty In Pink Stampin' Marker to color the ends of the flower and the center. I ran the Whisper White card stock through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. 


On the above card I brayerd Bordering Blue Stampin' Pad over the Whisper White card stock after I ran the card stock through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.





 I needed to mail all of my cards and thought of the Sweet Treet Cups and Padded Envelopes. I didn't attached the Sweet Treet Cup but laid it over the flower and slipped the card into the Padded Envelope. The card fit just snug enough to hold the cup in place.


If you haven't left a comment on my blog this week, be sure to do so.
 I'm giving away some cool Blog candy!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment