Thursday, September 24, 2009

Autumn Traditions Wreath


This is my version of the Autumn Collection Wreath on p. 92 of the Idea Book & Catalog.
I used a 12" metal frame and overlapped the leaves I cut out using Leaves #2 Original Die. Autumn Traditions Designer Series Paper, Always Artichoke were used for the leaves. I used 1" Double-Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon for the bow.
On Monday two ladies came to my studio and cut out their leaves and made a similar wreath for their homes. Each one of our wreaths turned out a little differently, which makes paper crafting so much fun!
I ended up using 2-sheets of Always Artichoke 12 x 12 paper and 2-sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 cards stock in Always Artichoke; 2- Autumn Traditions Designer Series Paper sheets. I used a hot glue gun to attach the leaves to the metal frame. If you want a fuller wreath, just layer more leaves until you achieve the look you want.
Products used:
Autumn Traditions DSP p. 160
Leaves #2 Originals Die p. 202
Always Artichoke 12 x 12 card stock p. 157
Always Artichoke 8 1/2 x 11 card stock p. 157
1" Chocolate Chip Double-Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon p. 182
12" metal frame from Micheal's.$2.49
Hot Glue Gun
I'm working on Halloween cards and projects to share with you...check back to see what I have created!
Happy Stampin'
Jane

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Jane! I want to make one...thanks for the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it is great to see it in almost real life.
    I am now really excited about making this wreath.
    thanks for taking this on and for sharing.
    Leslie Strand

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute Jane, I bet it is brighter and even more beautiful in real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing!! and I was quite surprized that for the size, not a lot of paper was used - Thanks for the info!!!

    ReplyDelete