Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine cards

Good Morning!
Today I have Valentine cards and candy box ideas for you.


The above cards I used products from the sale.a.bration catalog with some accents from the Occasions catalog and the Big Catalog. Remember for every $50 you spend you will receive a FREE product of your choice from the sale.a.bration catalog!


Slider tin filled with M&M candies. Lid is decorated with Sliver and Red Glimmer paper and Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon.


I got my idea from Karen Miller's site. She made the box to hold the candy in a heart shape.
I used an empty Button Box to fill with M&M's in the purple heart box. I added a purple metal sheet and ran it through the Big Shot using the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder. The heart shapes I cut using the Big Shot and the Hearts Collection Framelits Die.
I made two flowers using the  Blossom punch from the Occasions catalog. Using a bone folder, I worked and worked the paper until the fibers broke down, then pulled the layers apart. I ended up with 2 flowers that were 4 layers. I punched a hole in the center of the flower and added a brad. The next step is to Squish the petals toward the middle starting with the last petal. After you have the  look you want, work a little more to pull some of the petals away from the core.

This little box is made from the Matchbox Die; Big Shot, Baja Breeze, Poppy Parade, and Very Vanilla card stock. The lid of the box is made using Everyday Enchantment designer series paper from the sale.a.bration catalog.


The Melon Mambo heart box I made the same way but I made a box for the candy. I cut 2 4" 4" squares and for the lid scored on all four side 1 1/4" For the lid I scored 1" on all four sides.  cut a vee shape out on all fur corners and used Sticky Strip to finish the box. I added Blush Bride Smooch Spritz to the top of the heart box. 
To purchase any of the above Stampin' Up! products click here


Have a great week-end
Happy Stampin'
Jane

1 comment: