Friday, October 7, 2011

WEEK 2 OF THE 12 WEEKS OF CHRISTMAS

Welcome to Week 2 of the 12 Weeks of Christmas! 
Blogger was having trouble most of the day with uploading photos but now it's up and running. Sorry the post is late.
Today I have another Christmas card to share with you.



When I saw this stamp set in the 2011-2012 Catalog & Idea Book, I knew it wanted to make my Christmas cards using this set. I love the little bird and with the holly, it just says Christmas.

There are 3 other stamps in the set. I really like the idea of having a tag included.

I started out with a piece of Whisper White card stock 8 1/2' x 11" and cut it to 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and folded it using the bone folder. The other half of the piece of Whisper White, I cut to 5 1/4" x 4" and set aside. Another 1/4  sheet of card stock I ran through the Big Shot using the Top Note die.

This is the new Textured Impressions Embossing folder from the Holiday Mini, Snow Burst.
This is where the 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock comes in. I ran it through the Big Shot using the Snow burst folder. This is the second layer to my card.

After stamping the image in Basic Black, I used 3 Collections of Water Color Wonder Crayons; Brights, Regals, and Neutral.Then I used a Blending Pen. This makes the colors pop.
 Before I adhered the Snow Burst piece of card stock to the card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue I attached a 6" piece of 5/8" Organza Whisper White Ribbon then attached  it to the card stock I ran through the Snow Burst embossing folder.Lastly, I applied 4 Stampin' Dimensionals one to each corner of the Top Note piece and attached  it over the ribbon.

Here is the finished card again. Adding the embossed 2nd layer and Organza Ribbon really makes the difference in the end result of this card. It give the overall look the "wow" factor!
Products Used
Stamp Set: Beautiful Season
Card Stock: Whisper White 
Big Shot: Snow Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Top Note Die and Big Shot machine
Ribbon: 5/8" Whisper White Organza Ribbon
Crayons: Brights, Regals and Neutral  Water Color Wonder Crayons
Pen: Blender Pen
Adhesive: Stampin' Dimensionals and Multipurpose Glue
Paper Cutter: Stampin' Up! Table Top Cutter

If you like this card and want to make one for yourself be sure to visit my online Stampin' Up! store where you can purchase all the products shown here.
www.janegiggy.stampinup.net 

Next Thursday for Week 3 of the 12 Weeks of Christmas I will be featuring a project. Hope to see you then.

Come back and visit soon. I post ideas everyday or two.
Happy Stamping!
Jane

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card, Jane! The embossing on the bottom layer makes it sooooo elegant! And you did a great job with the water color crayons and blending pen on the stamped image!!! hugs, Laura H.

    ReplyDelete