Saturday, October 8, 2011

Stamping' Up! Late Night Stampers Pier 1 Witchy Poo Inspiration & Challenge #1



This Challenge was so much fun! I decided to make 2 Halloween  projects. A Halloween tree for our daughter's Preschool classroom and a Button Container dressed up for Halloween!



I didn't have a store bought tree so my husband cut some branches off one of our bushes and I trimmed it to fit what I needed.
I took inside and outside photos. I attempted to give several different angles so you can see all the decorations. Do you see the Witchy Poo's feet? If not on this photo...keep looking there are there. I had so much fun making the tree. Since the tree is for our daughter's Preschool classroom, I stamped images I thought the little ones would enjoy.

Outside view from our deck. Do you see the Witches Feet?
               Look in the background on the far right and you can 
                   see one of our rabbits named Dimples.
She's white and black.
On the left and on the right are 3 hanging boxes...do you know how I made them?


Another view of the tree. Using the Big Shot, I cut out lots of leaves in Basic Black using the Leaves # 2 die, I used a Stampin' Sponge and rubbed gold ink over the entire leaf.

Another close up view. I see a Witchy Poo's hat, do you? There are 3 hanging boxes again. How did I make them?

This is a good photo of the leaves...Don't they look spooky?!

Can you see the three hanging boxes on the left side? Do you know what they are? Their conception happened my accident. That happens a lot in the stamping world. A drum roll...

I made them out of two Petal Card Double Punch. After punching out two, I folded the flaps and nestled one  inside the other and use a glue gun to secure them together. I laid the boxes on my stamping table and with the glue gun ran a glue strip down the middle of each box. I laid a piece of the white Baker's Twine on top of the hot glue. So the twine wouldn't show on the back side, I punched another Petal Card piece of designer series paper that matched each box, folded it flat and using the glue gun, attached it to the backside of each box.

I used all Stampin' Up! products except the branches and glue gun liquid glue. I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue for the decorations. Three stamp sets: Wicked Cool...Batty for You and Howl-o-ween Creeps.

Button Container All Dressed Up for Halloween


I made these treat containers for our older granddaughter's for Halloween

Instead of candy I'm giving them each some cash! At ages 14, 16 and 17..they need so many things that they can't live without. Just kidding...they are good girls...it just seems that they can always use more gas money. I think they are going to like this better than candy.
Products Used

Button container: Recycled from stash
Paper: Frightful Sight designer series paper
Card Stock: Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler
Ribbon: Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Scallop Dots
Buttons: 5/8" Neutrals Jumbo Brad, Chocolate Chip
Punches: 1 3/4" Scallop Circle and Snowflake and
 2 3/8" Scallop Circle
Adhesive: Stampin' Dimensionals and Multipurpose Liquid Glue


Have a good week-end!
Happy Stamping!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment