Sunday, October 9, 2011

Stampin' Up! Primitive Art Using wooden stamp blocks


I was looking through my retired stamps and wheels and came across the Jumbo Wheel named Neighborhood. I thought I would try stamping on some of my wooden blocks I had left over from converting my wood stamps to clear mount. First I removed the rubber from the wheel, then I inked one or two houses depending on the size of the block.


I stamped the images in Basic Black Stampin' Pad Ink, let dry and then colored in the images with Stampin' Write Markers. After the color was dry I used a Sponge Dauber and More Mustard ink pad and "antiqued" the entire block. The ink soaks into the wood so you don't have to seal the blocks.

A good way to use your extra wooden blocks!
Happy Stamping!
Jane

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome idea -- they are beautiful and a real eye-catcher!! I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete