Saturday, October 15, 2011

Something Different for Saturday

I received a Stampin' Up! order yesterday and I couldn't wait to start playing with one of the products! It's completely different than any thing Stampin' Up! has offered.
This is Stamp Set Sweet Pressed Cookie Set; Pumpkin Face, Snowflake or Heart Shape
The set come with a really nice handle and you choose which shape you want

I used the Sugar Cookie recipe and tinted the dough orange with food coloring. After the cookies cooled I hand decorated them using black food coloring, water, and black sugar I made using the same black food coloringI have special brushes I use for baking and decorating. I just dipped the brush in the black water and painted the eyes, nose and mouth. I used a spoon and shook the black sugar over the cookie. Aren't they cute?
I made this batch first and colored the dough and then rolled the cookie balls in orange colored sugar.  These so cute too! The Sweet Pressed Cookie set comes with two recipes; Sugared Shortbread and Sugar Cookies. I used the Sugar Cookie recipe...so yummy!

Here's the one I used

SUGAR COOKIES
1 cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt2 1/8 cups flour


Preheat over to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg yolks one at a time and mix well. Add vanilla, salt and flour and mix well. Dough should be stiff and not sticky; if dough is sticky, add more flour. Roll into 1 1/2" balls. Place 2 1/2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and press with Sweet Pressed Cookie Stamp.  Bake 16-18 minutes or until bottom of cookie is lightly browned (edges may be slightly brown, but the top should not brown.
Makes approximately 16 cookies 

If you would like to make your own yummy cookies, using Sweet Pressed Cookie Set,  order # 125152, on my online Stampin' Up! store


Thanks for visiting...Have a great week end!
Happy Stampin'
Jane

3 comments:

  1. Jane, your pumpkin cookies look DELISH!!! I wish I lived closer to you so I could come and try a sample of them! Thanks for the recipe! Maybe I'll give this a try! Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you shared how to "color" in the face. I LOVE that and will have to give it a try!

    Claudia
    SDC challenges on SUDSOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cookies!! I will be featuring these on My Crafty Picks #39 with a link back to your blog on 10-23-11. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

    If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

    Thanks and take care
    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete