Tuesday, June 28, 2011

More Punch Art...Flower Hair Clips

Today I have some more examples of Punch Art that I finished on Saturday


The hair clips below, I made for two of our granddaughters.
Anna  15 and Sarah  14. We went to the store and the girls picked out the material they wanted and that would match their outfits.



All the above hair clips were made using the Daisies #2 Die and the Big Shot. I used a variety of fabric and felt and Stampin' Up! buttons and brads.


Each of these hair clips I used material that was easy to melt. After cutting out the flowers using the Big Shot and Fun Flower Die, I attached the brad or embellishment and used my Stampin' Up! heat gun and slowly moved the gun in circles until the material melted and curled up. TIP: Be careful not to get too close to the material because it will stick to your glue gun and burn. I used a pair of tweezers to hold the flower in place as I heated the material.


The last three flowers I made using the Fun Flower Die. For all my flowers, except the ones I melt with the heat gun have felt layers in between the fabric to give the flower stability.
I made about 2 dozen more hair clips  but the girls left for camp and took all the clips with them. Remember how it was when you were a teenager?  I do!
If you haven't made any of the Flower Hair Clips, give it a try...There so much fun!
Thanks for stopping by...
Come back and visit soon.
Happy Stamping!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment