Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Covered Button Containers

Today I have a great idea how to recycle your button containers that your Stampin' Up! buttons come in.
I saw the idea on Patty Bennett's blog and she got her
inspiration from  Christy Daugherty.

Aren't they adorable? I love them. Once I got started I didn't want to stop...I say that a lot don't I?  Well, when I like something I go way out! That's my type of personality. 


On this container I used Springtime Vintage designer series paper from the Occasions Mini Catalog good until April 30, 2011, Cherry Cobbler card stock, Victoria 5/8" Crochet Trim from the big catalog and a Rose Red Vintage Flower Adornment, also from the Occasions Mini.

As you can see, this is a photo of the inside of the container. If you don't have any button containers, the local craft stores carry a variety of sizes and shapes of plastic and glass containers. I found these over the week- end.
These containers were $1.49 each. They can be used for any number of things, like safety pins, paper clips, rubber bands, loose change, hair clips, the list goes on and on....
They look so pretty setting on my shelf in my stamping studio!
What I used for my containers:
Circle #2 Die 1 3/4"
Scallop Circle Extra Large Punch
2 3/8" Scallop Circle Extra Large Punch
Big Shot Machine
Designer Series Papers and Card Stock
Stampin' Up! Buttons
1/8" Taffeta Ribbon
Victoria Crochet Trim
Vintage Flower Adornment
Multi-purpose Liquid Glue
Mini Glue Dots
I hope you will give this project a try.
Happy Stamping!
Jane



 

No comments:

Post a Comment