Friday, December 17, 2010

Easy and Inexpensive Christmas Gifts and Sneak Peak at Occasions Mini

Do you need some last minute, or easy and inexpensive gifts?

Well here is the place to find some great ideas!
How about magnetic post-it-note/ calendar holder?


This post-it-note...calendar  holder is made with recycled cardboard. Mine is from a Cheerios box.  I covered the front and back with designer series paper and added some Botanical Gazette designer Series paper from the Occasional Mini coming January 4th. Added some ribbon, a brad, a off brand post-it-note and a year calendar I printed free from... http://www.redcastle.com/
 I used  three round magnets on the back. There you have it. A practical, inexpensive and yet attractive gift.

Products Used:
Card board from a Cheerios box.
Designer Series Paper Jolly Holly from the big catalog and Botanical Gazette from the Occasions Mini coming on January 4th.
Chantilly 1/2 inch crochet trim. An Antique brad.
Sticky Strip, post-it-note, calendar printed from RedCastle.
I started out with the Cheerios box and cut 2 pieces 5" x 7".
I used Sticky Strip to secure them together. I used designer series paper on the front and back. On the front of the holder, I used some of the new designer series paper, Botanical Gazette , I used sticky strip again and attached the Chantilly crochet trim and added the Antique brad. I used Sticky Strip again to attach the calendar and the post-it-note pad. Lastly, I used my glue gun t adhere the round magnets to the back of the holder. I imagine I have a total of less than $1.00 in this project! Ideas of how to decorate this holder are endless. I hope you give this one a try.

Card Portfolio
This one is entirely different from many I've seen. Instead of using card stock, I used an inexpensive 2-pocket portfolio that I bought for 25 cents back in September. I've added some DSP, Ribbon, and an Antique brad to dress it up.

Back view

It just happened that I had a portfolio that coordinates with Cherry Cobbler and Jolly Holly DSP.


 
I used a Velcro circle to hold the portfolio closed.




Inside shown with cards




One of the cards with decorated envelopes


More cards



Don't you just love this new set? The designer series paper is so yummy too. This project costs under a $1.00. What a nice card portfolio to have made up to give out when you need a last minute gift. This year I'm making a set of these and some homemade Brownies for all of our neighbors who pitched in and raked all our leaves and are now taking care of the snow  in our drive way.. My husband, Norris can't shovel snow this year due to his heart surgery.

Measure the portfolio  down about 4 3/4" on the left side from the top. The length may vary due to the difference in the size of the portfolio you have. Fold the flap down toward the left side pocket. I turned the top over about an inch and used Sticky Tape to secure it. Now you are ready to decorate. I used designer series paper and some retired satin ribbon and an antique brad to add interest. To keep the portfolio closed, I used circle Velcro. Keep the two pieces together and attach to the top of the portfolio, then close the top and the lower Velcro will be in the exact place you want it. Make 4 cards and stamp the envelopes and you are finished.
                             Only 8 days until Christmas!

Happy Stamping!
Jane





1 comment:

  1. Once again Jane all of these are so wonderful - the calender is a fantastic idea as well as those adorabe note cards. I love that set too, got to have it.

    ReplyDelete