Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Count Down...December 4th!

Christmas Cards


 I used the Stamp set Christ Is Born, Deck the Halls DSP from the mini catalog and Cherry Cobbler,Vanilla  card stock, and Cherry Cobbler ink.
This card shows how you can make beautiful, classy cards with designer series paper, card stock, one color ink and one stamp set. The photo doesn't due the DSP justice.
For this card I used  Perfect Punches stamp set from the Big Catalog, French Foliage stamp set from the Holiday Mini, 1 3/4" Scallop Punch, Basic Rhinestones, Deck the Halls DSP, Cherry Clobber card stock and ink, and Old Olive 5/8" Satin Ribbon.
I made the leaves from the French Foliage set to make the blossoms for the poinsettia. I stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink on Cherry Cobbler card stock and cut them out. It took 13 leaves to make the flower.



A traditional Santa card. I used Jolly Old Saint Nick set and Bells & Boughs set from the Holiday Mini, Real Red and Whisper White card stock, the Ticket Punch and Watercolor Pencils.  As soon as I saw the Jolly Old Saint Nick set it took me back to my childhood. This is what Santa's looked like in advertising, and on Christmas cards in the 1950"s.

I'm really enjoying making Christmas cards and Christmas Tags. I turn on some Christmas music and stamp away. It's so relaxing and so much fun to make my own cards and tags. I'm really in the Christmas spirit!
Happy Stamping!
Jane




No comments:

Post a Comment