Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Copper Pins made with Big Shot and Punches


Linda Owens gave me the idea to make some flower pins using pop cans. I had some copper sheets from a couple of years ago (from a local craft store) and ran them through the Big Shot and used a few punches. On the center pin,  I used a pop can and the copper sheets.When the pins were completed, I added half pearls from the Pretties Kit, and pin backs that you can buy at any craft store. I used Crystal Effects to put the pins together and to adhere the pin backs.

Products Used

Big Shot Die-Cut Machine # 113439
Bird w/Leaves and Flower #113465
Beautiful Butterflies #114507
Flower Layers w/Leaf # 113470
Flowers Fold (medium & small flowers) #115970
Island Floral # 118871 (Summer Mini)
5-Petal Flower Punch #109041
Bo Ho Blossoms Punch # 110711
Pretties Kit # 109114
Pumpkin Pie Corduroy Button # 114342
Crystal Effects #101055

These pins are so much fun to make. Pop cans make great pins too. It's amazing that the edges are smooth. Just one more wonderful way we can use Stampin' Up! punches, the Big Shot and dies!
Happy Stamping!



4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Jane!! I have to remember to make these for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out beautiful. I also had copper but had not gotten to it yet. Love them together. You did a great job. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really like these! I will have to go on a mission to find some copper sheeting now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS! I am going to show hubby Kay he has a video about metal in a big shot! I cant wait to create some of these! you rock!

    ReplyDelete