Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Flowers and a Pansy Card


MOTHER'S DAY FLOWERS AND A PANSY CARD

I hope all you mother's out there had a wonderful Mother's Day! It was the year of the flowers around the Giggy house. All three of our married children and famlies brought me beautiful flowers.
The day was sunny but cool. What a great Mother's Day!

Last week I was busy making different types of flower cards. I posted some of the cards made with using the scallop punch and scallop die.





This week I'm focused on Pansies!

Judy Marshall was so kind to offer her idea for the pansies and share the template for the pansy seed packet. Isn't this card yummy? I got on a roll and couldn't stop making pansies. The blue pansies are Lovely Lilac but show up blue here.

I used Whisper White card stock and punched out a lot of butterflies using the Butterfly punch. Next, I used the Auqua Painter, filled with water and painted the reinker color on the butterflies. I painted the centers first and then the outside of the flower. I sprayed water on the butterflies and scrunched them up in a ball; then unrolled them and flatened them out to dry.

Once dry I used Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive and sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds for the center of the pansies. For the leaves I punched out the wing on the Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch and spritzed them with water, scrunched them in a ball, strainghtened them out and folded them in half to dry. Once dry I attached them under he pansy using Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive. I used the Eyelet Border Punch and the Finial Press Textured Impressions Embossing Folder both from the Big Catalog. This was a fun project. I hope you will give it a try.

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment