Thursday, April 29, 2010

Butterflies, Birds, and Tile Magnets

BUTTERFLIES, BUTTERFLIES EVERYWHERE!

What do butterflies, birds, and tile magents have in common? If you are a stamper you probably  know. They are all 3-D items!  Give a stamper a punch,  some paper, some ink and look out! This is what I did with left over Designer Series Papers (DSP) and card stock ; retired and some current. When you have small pieces of DSP  and card stock and you just can't throw them out, don't...save them. You can punch many things out of them. I've punch birds from the Extra Large Bird Punch from the Occasions Mini( # 117191) and these butterflies using the Butterfly Punch (# 116629) in the Big Catalog. These are double butterflies. I attach two together with SNAIL adhesive, apply two Rhinestones in the middle and on the back, attach 1/2 of a Stampin' Dimensional. A whole dimensional is too big and shows from the front.
BIRDS EVERYWHERE...

I punch the bird and two sets of wings. Using SNAIL adhesive I attach the wings to the bird. Attach a Stampin' Dimensional on the back and adhere a Rhinestone for the eye or use marker.
I  put  a couple of butterflies and a couple of birds in with my business card, a current Mini Catalog,  my class schedule and a  3 x 3 card.  Slip them in a celo bag and give them out when I go to the bank, post office, or  stores. I keep them all made up in my Mini Tote in the car. I also give them out to my workshop customers and when I send a customer a thank you, I slip a couple inside the card. Everyone just loves to get something unexpected.

MORE TILE MAGNETS

I used 2 x 2 tiles, rinsed them in warm water, let dry. Once dry, I stamped with craft ink and baked them in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Cool. Take outside and spray with matt sealent; two times, waiting for tiles to dry in between. Final step,  with a sponge brush, I used a clear gloss glaze made for tiles, glass and ceramic.
I used the heavier round magnets and adhered them with Mod Podge, let sit overnight.

This time I used  the Tart & Tangy stamp set. I used Craft Ink in Green Galore, Real Red, Pink Passion and mixer of  Real Red and Pink Passion for the strawberries. I sponged around the edges of each magnet.



This set is Embrace Life. I used Chocolate Chip Craft Ink. Like the other magnets I used a sponge and sponged around the edges and sponged lightly on the top of the magnet.
Happy Stamping!



No comments:

Post a Comment